Thursday, May 28, 2015

New Adoption = New Excitement

Our textbook is up for adoption this year and I got to be a part of the process.  I went to a sales pitch at a nice restaurant.  I attended the "book adoption fair" at Region 12.  It was a fun process.  Ultimately there were 2 books I'd been happy with, but we've adopted a really good one.  I spent yesterday going over some of the online resources for teachers and I'm so excited.  Just from what I found yesterday I have come up with solutions to 2 of my major "problems" I wanted to fix next year.  I always need more quiz grades and I hate the chaos that is the first 5 minutes of class.   As kids wander in and chat and put their books down and mosey over to the calculators and then mosey back and talk to each other all along the way, I feel I have lost control.  I'm trying to answer the 1000 questions coming my way, greet students, monitor the hall, help with homework questions, and then take attendance.  I'm a big failure.  But not next year.  Nope.  I found the perfect "bell ringer" and it's right at my fingertips.  No work or prep on my part.  No "grading."  No keeping up with who missed what if absent.  I'm super pumped.  Yeah me.

No comments:

Post a Comment